Technical Sales Executive (Nationwide/Permanent)
Surface Finishing Systems – Automotive/Marine/Industrial
Safe Products is an expanding, family-run business in Rutland that supplies specialist consumables and bespoke surface finishing solutions to a range of OEM, distributor and end-user markets. We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated Technical Sales Executive to further increase sales growth and provide exceptional customer support across the UK.
To be considered for this challenging, interesting and rewarding role, you will have a thorough practical knowledge and understanding of refinish systems. Familiarity with a range of surface types would be an advantage. You will be required to provide end user support, conduct product trials and organise training and the implementation of bespoke finishing systems.
Experience of selling to OEMs, the distribution sector and end user markets in automotive, marine, furniture and/or industrial is preferable but not essential. Reporting to the General Manager, the role covers a fairly equal mix of new and existing business with great potential for further growth by strategically targeting new markets and companies through marketing-generated leads; your own knowledge, research and contacts; and via networking through existing clients.
Extensive travelling around the UK and occasionally overseas, with regular visits to the Rutland HQ for sales meetings and reviews, will be required.
The successful applicant’s duties will include:
- Maintaining and growing existing business relationships
- Identifying and developing new accounts
- Promoting a diverse, high quality portfolio of products
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services
- Conducting trials and demonstrations
- Organising training and technical solutions
- Meeting and exceeding sales budgets
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Providing market feedback on competitor activity and current and future customer requirements
- Attending trade exhibitions
- Managing all activities in compliance with Safe Products’ objectives and policies
- Refinish industry experience
- Sound technical knowledge
- Valid, full UK driving licence.
- Microsoft Office competent
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Although nationwide, candidates will ideally need to be based within commutable distance of Rutland to be considered.
- Sales experience within the Automotive, Marine and/or Industrial sectors
- Understanding of distribution networks
SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Energetic, dynamic and driven to achieve success
- A flexible and motivated individual with a strong customer focus which ensures the companies brand values are portrayed and upheld
- Enthusiasm and ability to establish business contacts at all levels
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Availability and willingness for frequent business trips
- Experience of automotive industry or related industries will be a distinct advantage
- Fully understand the product range
- A solid technical background
- Sales and communication skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator with well-developed negotiation and influencing skills, self-motivated, have accurate numerical reasoning and have the desire to succeed and the ability to get on with people at all levels.
Effectively communicating and representing Safe Products’ sales proposition to influencers, you will be the principal point of contact for bespoke solution customer enquiries either directly or via an intermediate distributor. You will work closely with customers to ensure cost effective, appropriate and acceptable technical solutions are proposed and costed, and will support key sales opportunities requiring significant technical or custom input.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a small but flourishing family-run company with plans for further growth. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary (DOE), attractive bonus, company car, mobile, laptop and 25 days holiday.
Interested candidates should email a covering letter stating why they are right for the position as well as a CV to: Safe Products General Manager Amanda James: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to: Amanda James, General Manager, Safe Products Ltd, Signal House, Station Road, Uppingham Rutland LE15 9TX.